Acroseal is a calcium hydroxide-based cement, made up of two components – a BASE paste and a CATALYST paste – and designed for the permanent filling of root canals by sealing up gutta percha points. Acroseal contains no eugenol.
- Base: Hexamethylene tetramine, bismuth carbonate, hydrogenated rosin, paraffin oil, venice terpentine, enoxolone.
- Catalyst: Bismuth carbonate, calcium hydroxide, diglycidyl ether bisphenol A, yellow iron oxide.
- Root canal filling by sealing gutta percha points.
Hypersensitivity to any component of the formula.
Acroseal – Instructions for use
Lay down two equal lengths of BASE and CATALYST squeezed out from both tubes, on a mixing pad.
Spatulate the two pastes until you obtain homogeneous consistency. Coat the gutta percha point(s) with Acroseal and condense the point(s).
Special warnings and precautions for use
- Base: Harmful. May cause sensitisation by inhalation and skin contact.
- Catalyst: Corrosive. Causes burns. May cause sensitization by skin contact.
Avoid contact with skin. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water and soap.
- When opening the tube of BASE, eliminate, if necessary, the supernatant liquid layer.
- The setting time of Acroseal, in vivo, ranges from 16 and 24 hours and varies according to hygrometry.
- Spatulas, mixing pads or any other instrument should be cleaned with alcohol or acetone, immediately after use.
Store between 50 and 77°F (10 and 25°C).
Tightly close the tubes after each use.
- 1 x 0.3 oz (8.5 g) tube of BASE
- 1 x 0.34 oz (9.5 g) tube of CATALYST
- 1 cross-ruled mixing pad
RC PREP – ROOT CANAL PREPARATION CREAM
ADSEAL – RESIN-BASED ROOT CANAL SEALER
ULTRACAL XS – 30%–35% CALCIUM HYDROXIDE PASTE
ENDOCAL – CALCIUM HYDROXIDE GEL FOR ROOT CANAL CLEANSING