Bioplant – Synthetic Multipurpose Dental Bone-Grafting Material.
Bioplant Multipurpose Dental Bone-Grafting Material is a unique combination of biocompatible polymers with a calcium hydroxide coating which forms a non-resorbable, radiopaque, porous matrix which fosters new bone ingrowth.
Indications for Use
The capabilities of Bioplant allow for the following dental indications: to maintain and restore the bony alveolar ridge in post-extraction tooth-root sockets or after oral surgery, ridge preservation, ridge augmentation, augmentation in the maxillary sinus, repair of periodontal defects and bone voids associated with dental implant placement. Bioplant is also indicated for bony defects due to apicoectomies, cystic formation or tumor removal.
Bioplant should not be used in patients who: cannot properly care for themselves and cannot follow postoperative instructions; clench and grind teeth (overt bruxism); have chronic systemic conditions which might interfere with wound healing or have any unacceptable surgical risk.
Bioplant – Directions for Use
- Open the sterile package of Bioplant.
- Debride the socket or treatment site.
- Bioplant works best when prewetted with marrow blood prior to placement. The syringe contains a Biotip which makes it easy to draw blood into the syringe. Hydrate the graft material by aspirating marrow blood from the treatment site into the tip’s small reservoir, through the mesh cap and into the syringe. If necessary, stimulate marrow bleeding using a small round bur. If necessary, sterile saline may be used to moisten the particles, although marrow blood promotes faster bone growth.
- Gently expel excess blood through the Biotip by pressing down gently on the plunger.
- The wetted graft material increases its viscosity the longer it sits (2-4 minutes recommended).
- Prep area by suctioning excess blood from socket or treatment site.
- Remove and discard entire Biotip leaving the rounded open-ended syringe.
- Insert syringe into socket void or treatment site.
- Insert graft material using gentle pressure.
- Gently mold Bioplant material to a level fl ush with the adjacent cortical plate in the case of sockets.
- Secure tissues to ensure closure.
- Follow normal post-operative routine.
Cautions and Precautions
- Bioplant is supplied sterile for one time use. DO NOT RESTERILIZE. DISCARD ANY UNUSED PORTION. This is to prevent cross-contamination between patients.
- Use of Bioplant does not require any unusual pre-operative antibiotic prophylaxis. Therefore, follow your
normal pre-and post-operative care.
- To prevent Bioplant sphere loss, ensure good fl ap design and careful suturing for primary closure. If proper closure is not obtained, epithelial down growth and encapsulation could occur resulting in some loss of Bioplant spheres.
- The use of Bioplant does not require a change in the normal post-operative regimen or restriction of function any more than would be normally required by the procedure.
- Material rejection is quite rare except in those patients who may be allergic to plastics.
DYCAL – CALCIUM HYDROXIDE LINER
BIODENTINE – BIOACTIVE DENTIN SUBSTITUTE
CALCICUR – CALCIUM HYDROXIDE PASTE
ALVEOGYL – EUGENOL IMPREGNATED ALVEOLAR DRESSING