Bond-1 Primer/Adhesive and Bond-1 C&B Primer/Adhesive are both 5th generation total-etch bonding systems that provide high bond strengths in a convenient single bottle application.
Bond-1 Primer/Adhesive is an acetone based bonding agent and Bond-1 C&B Primer/Adhesive is an alcohol based bonding agent to provide versatility.
Bond-1 C&B Primer/Adhesive is formulated to provide longer working times when bonding multiple unit restorations during a single procedure.
Flexible – bonds to all direct and indirect restorations. Easy-to-use – total-etch bonding technique that’s familiar and proven. Resilient – bond strengths up to 31 MPa to dentin / 27 MPa to enamel.
- Direct bonding
- Bonding of all composite, all ceramic, PFM and alloy crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays
- Bonding of porcelain veneers
- Bonding of fiber reinforced composite posts
- Bonding of titanium, titanium alloy, stainless, and zirconium posts
- Bonding with dual cure and self cure resin cements and core build up materials
- Not for use on exposed pulp
- Not to be used on patients with known allergies to methacrylate resins
Bond-1 – bonding
- Clean preparation site according to the principles of adhesive dentistry.
- When bonding an indirect restoration or post try in the restoration for proper fit.
- Etch enamel and dentin with 37% phosphoric acid etchant for 20 seconds. Rinse thoroughly. Remove excess moisture by blotting or using a light stream of air for 2 seconds. Leave surface moist.
Note: If preparing a post space be sure to remove excess water in the canal by blotting with a paper point.
- For indirect restorations sandblast the inside of the restoration and clean thoroughly.
Porcelain Restorations: Brush the inside of the restoration with hydrofluoric acid gel. Wait 1 minute. Rinse well and dry. Apply silane to inside of the sandblasted and etched restoration. Allow the silane to stand for 60 seconds. Air dry.
Fiber Reinforced Composite Posts: Follow manufactures instructions for post preparation.
- Apply two consecutive coats of Bond-1 Primer/Adhesive to tooth within 10 seconds to ensure a shiny surface. For Bond-1 C&B Primer/Adhesive apply two coats to tooth within 20 seconds. For indirect restorations apply one coat of onto the internal surface of the sandblasted restoration or post. For post space preparation flood the post space with Bond-1
Primer/Adhesive. Wick out excess material from post space with a paper point.
For Dual Cure Applications: Mix one drop of Bond-1 Dual Cure Activator with two drops of Bond-1 Primer/Adhesive. Apply as instructed above.
- Critical Step: Air dry for 10 seconds using a gentle stream of air to remove solvent. For air dry for 15 seconds. Hold the air syringe 1 inch from preparation or restoration; avoid disturbing the resin surface. If surface shine disappears after drying, re-apply with and re-dry.
- Light cure tooth for 10 seconds. Light curing is optional when using the Bond-1 Dual Cure Activator. Do not light cure bonding agent on an indirect restoration.
- For indirect restorations apply composite according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If cementing follow manufactures instructions for proper mixing and placement of self or dual cure resin cement or core build up material. Pentron Clinical Technologies recommends Lute-It Esthetic Luting System, Cement-It Universal C&B Resin Cementation System, or Build-It FR Fiber Reinforced Core Build up Material.
- Seat restoration or place post.
Composite and Porcelain Repairs; Opaquing metal
- Roughen the metal, composite or porcelain with an intra oral sandblaster or diamond bur. When preparing porcelain, brush hydrofluoric acid gel onto porcelain margin. Wait 1 minute. Rinse well and dry. Apply silane to porcelain. Air dry.
- Clean the surface thoroughly.
- Apply 2 coats of to composite, metal or porcelain surface. Air dry for 10 seconds. For Bond-1 C&B Primer/Adhesive air dry for 15 seconds.
- Light cure for 10 seconds.
- To repair composite or porcelain, apply composite according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- To opaque metal, apply a thin layer of Artiste Maverick White Opaque Tint onto bonded surface. Light cure for 10 seconds
Bond-1 Primer/Adhesive Kit
1 – 4ml/4.2gm bottle
1 – 3ml/2.1gm bottle Bond-1 Dual Cure Activator
2 – 5ml syringe 37% Etch gel
N01IAA 1 – 4ml Bottle
N01IAB 1 – 6ml Bottle
N01IAC 1 – 3ml Bottle Bond-1 Dual Cure Activator
100 – 22 Gauge Bent Needle Tip (100 pk)
G-BOND – ADVANCED SEVENTH GENERATION BONDING
SCOTCHBOND UNIVERSAL – ADHESIVE 3M ESPE
FUTURABOND U – DUAL-CURE UNIVERSAL ADHESIVE IN SINGLE DOSE DELIVERY SYSTEM
OPTIBOND SOLO PLUS – ADHESIVE SYSTEM KERR
ADPER SINGLE BOND 2 – ADHESIVE 3M ESPE