Calcipulpe – Calcium hydroxide (20.0 %), barium sulphate, excipients.
- Pulp capping.
- Capping after pulpotomy.
- Dentine-protective and neutralising cavity liner
Properties: сalcium hydroxide, when in contact or in close proximity to non-gangrenous pulp, promotes the formation of secondary dentine. At the bottom of the cavity, it chemically neutralises the acids from cements, and prevents them from reaching the pulp.
Calcipulpe does not affect the quality of the filling when applied in thin layer and dried with an air jet so as to speed up its dehydration.
Calcipulpe – Instructions for use
- At the bottom of a cavity: apply Calcipulpe in thin layer and dry the paste with an air jet to speed up its dehydration. Remove the excess of paste with an excavator. The cement can be applied directly onto the layer of Calcipulpe.
- At the bottom of a deep cavity: Thoroughly clean the cavity and, using the excavator, remove as much softened dentine as possible, enlarging the base of the cavity to a maximum. Apply Calcipulpe in thin layer to the bottom of the cavity, then dry. If need be, remove the excess of paste with an excavator. Fill the cavity.
Direct and indirect capping
Check by a standard test that the pulp is vital.
Proceed exactly as in the case of deep caries. Then fill with a zinc-oxide eugenol dressing without compressing. If some softened dentine has to be left in the cavity, re-examine the patient in three months’ time in order to check that secondary dentine has formed, complete the cleaning of the cavity and put in the permanent filling.
These delicate techniques only give satisfactory results when, on one hand, the pulp is not gangrenous (pulp vitality test) and on the other hand, it has not been contaminated by saliva (a rubber dam must be used).
During the session, cap the pulp with Calcipulpe. Dry it with an air jet in order to speed up its dehydration. Eliminate the excess of product on the cavity walls. Then fill with a zinc-oxide eugenol dressing without compressing. Re-examine the patient in three months’ time in order to check the pulp vitality.
Special warnings and precautions for use
- Remove the cap from the syringe.
- Fit an applicator tip.
- Using the applicator tip, apply a thin layer of Calcipulpe directly onto the bottom of the cavity. Wipe off the excess of paste with sterile cotton.
- Dry with an air jet in order to speed up its dehydration. Remove the paste on the cavity walls. Calcipulpe hardens in about 30 seconds
If you wish to obtain a thick cavity base, apply successively several thin layers, taking care to allow each new layer to dry before applying the following one.
After application, remove the applicator tip and immediately recap the syringe
Xi – irritant.
Risk of serious damage to eyes.
Avoid contact with skin.
In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
Wear eye/face protection.
- 3 x 1.7 g syringes + 15 applicator tips.
For professional use only in the practice of dentistry
DYCAL – CALCIUM HYDROXIDE LINER
BIODENTINE -BIOACTIVE DENTIN SUBSTITUTE
BIOPLANT – DENTAL BONE-GRAFTING MATERIAL
ISODAN – DESENSITIZING SOLUTION