Devitec – devitalizing paste, arsenic free. Paste for pulp devitalization.
Devitec should be used when a medicated preparation for pulp devitalization is advisable and when an arsenic-free preparation is preferred.
The active ingredient is Polyoxymethylene, a coagulant which acts on albumin and confers the required fibrous consistency to the pulp to facilitate its subsequent extirpation.
Lidocaine Hydrochloride is an anaesthetic to relieve pain and calm irritation.
- Polyoxymethylene 46 %
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride 37 %
- Oil of Cloves 12 %
- excipient ad 100 %
- Devitalization of the pulp
Devitec – instructions for use
- Eliminate, as far as possible, the dentine of the decayed cavity in order to ensure close contact with the pulp. Close contact of the paste with the pulp accelerates the devitalizing process
- Insert a small quantity of paste into the base of the cavity and seal hermetically with a temporary obturation
- Devitalization is completed within about 7 days
- If the preparation cannot be brought in close contact with the pulp, a second treatment might be necessary in a 2nd seat
- After devitalization, a permanent root canal filling can be placed once the pulp is totally removed and pain relief is complete
- Contains Polyoxymethylene which can be toxic by inhalation or ingestion. Contact with the skin may cause irritation, burns or hypersensitivity
- If the product comes into contact with the eyes, rinse thoroughly with fresh water and consult a physician
Store at room temperature between 5°C and 30°C. Close the container carefully after use.
Shelf life 3 years.
Syringe of about 3.5 g
Jar of 6 g
For dental professional use. Made in Switzerland
- Acroseal – root canal filling material by sealing gutta percha points
- Endofill – root canal filling material
- AH Plus / AH Plus Jet – root canal sealer