The Enhance Finishers (Discs, Cups and Points) are pre-mounted, single use, aluminum oxide impregnated, cured urethane dimethacrylate resin finishers designed for preparing composite surfaces for their final polish.
When used as directed, this system will yield a smooth, contoured surface with pre-polished surface luster on composites and compomers.
For optimal surface polish, follow the use of Enhance Finishers with appropriate polisher, e.g. PoGo Polishing System, Prisma•Gloss Composite Polishing Pastes.
- Polymerized Urethane Dimethacrylate Resin
- Aluminum Oxide
- Silicon Dioxide
The Enhance Finishing Discs, Cups, and Points are indicated for contouring and finalizing the form of composite and compomer restorations.
- Do not reuse. Enhance Finishing Discs, Cups and Points are single use, disposable items. Attempts to sterilize these items will adversely affect their performance.
- ENHANCE FINISHING DISCS, POINTS AND CUPS MUST NOT BE USED IN HIGH SPEED HANDPIECES.
- Enhance Finishing Discs, Cups and Points are designed for use without water. As with any rotary instrument, heat will build up with prolonged contact. Use at conventional speed with light intermittent pressure. Application of an air-cooling stream during finishing and polishing assists with residue removal.
- Use of Enhance Finishing Discs, Cups and Points with high speeds and/or excessive lateral pressure may dislodge finisher from the mandrel which may be aspirated, ingested or cause soft tissue injury.
- Aspiration: Seek appropriate medical attention.
- Ingestion: Do not swallow or take internally. If accidental swallowing occurs, drink lots of water. If nausea or illness develop, seek medical attention immediately.
- Eyes, skin, oral mucosa: Thoroughly wash the affected area with water and seek appropriate medical attention.
- Care should be taken to have good control on any rotary instrument to protect patients from injury. Contact with soft tissues (skin, gingiva, mucosa) may result in injury to the tissue. If contact occurs, thoroughly wash the affected area with water and seek appropriate medical attention.
- Dental professionals and patients should wear protective eyewear while using the Enhance Finishing Discs, Cups and Points.
- Enhance Finishing Discs, Cups and Points should not be used with patients who have a history of severe allergic reaction to any of the components. If skin rash, irritation, sensitization or other allergic reaction occurs, seek medical attention immediately.
- This product is intended to be used as specifically outlined in the Directions for Use. Any use of this product inconsistent with the Directions for Use is at the discretion and sole responsibility of the practitioner.
- Use with excess lateral pressure may dislodge Finisher from mandrel (see Warnings) or cause gouging of the restoration surfaces.
- Use in a well-ventilated area. Avoid inhaling airborne particulates.
- Protect adjacent restorations from accidental contact with rotating disc, cup or point.
- Devices marked “single use” on the labeling are intended for single use only. Discard after use. Do not reuse in other patients in order to prevent cross-contamination.
- Storage: Dry storage is recommended. Store the Enhance® Finishing Discs, Cups and Points between 50°F-75°F (10°C-24°C) and in relative humidity of 50% ± 20%. Avoid direct sunlight. Do not use after expiry date.
- Product misuse may cause failure resulting in respiratory, digestive, eye, skin, or mucosa injury. (See Contraindications, Warnings, and Precautions)
- Product misuse may cause excessive heat. (See Contraindications and Warnings)
- Allergic contact dermatitis and other allergic reactions may occur in susceptible individuals. (See Warnings)
Enhance – Step-by-step instructions
STEP 1: Place restoration or composite veneer as per standard techniques. Complete gross reduction of excess and general outline form of the restoration using Prisma Finishing Burs, or diamond finishing instrument.
STEP 2: Insert an Enhance Finisher (Disc, Point or Cup) into a conventional speed contraangled handpiece and continue finishing.
NOTE: ENHANCE DISCS, POINTS AND CUPS MUST NOT BE USED IN HIGH SPEED HANDPIECES. The aggressiveness of
the Enhance Finishers is controlled by the pressure applied to the surface of the composite. Use moderate to light, intermittent pressure in a buffing motion. Frequently raise disc, point or cup from surface contact.
STEP 3: Once final contours are achieved, proceed to polishing (e.g. PoGo Polishing System, Prisma•Gloss Composite Polishing Pastes) for final high surface luster, per manufacturer’s directions.
- The aggressiveness of the Enhance Disc is controlled by the pressure applied to the surface of the composite. The greater the pressure, the more material is removed; lighter pressure leaves a smooth surface without removing bulk.
- Prior to proceeding to polishing (e.g. PoGo Polishing System, Prisma•Gloss Composite Polishing Pastes), the restoration should be finished to a final contour. Surface should be smooth and defect free.
- Enhance Finishing Points are ideal for posterior occlusal and concave lingual surfaces. Enhance Finishing Cups are well suited to cervical and proximal line angle areas.
Sterilization and maintenance
- Do not reuse single use products. Dispose in accordance with local regulations
FLUOR PROTECTOR – PROTECTIVE VARNISH FOR DESENSITIZATION AND CARIES PROPHYLAXIS
SOF-LEX – FINISHING AND POLISHING SYSTEMS
REMIN PRO – PROTECTIVE DENTAL CARE WITH FLUORIDE