EQUIA Fil – bulk filled radiopaque posterior restorative in capsules
EQUIA Coat – light cured self adhesive wear resistant coating
Prior to use, carefully read the instructions for use.
For use only by a dental professional in the recommended indications
1. Class I restorations
2. Non-stress bearing Class II restorations
3. Stress bearing Class II restorations when isthmus is less than half of intercuspal distance
4. Intermediate restorative
5. Class V and root surface restorations
6. Core build up
EQUIA Coat is used to seal and protect the surface of EQUIA Fil restorations
1. Pulp capping.
2. In rare cases the product may cause sensitivity in some people. If any such reactions are experienced, discontinue the use of the product and refer to a physician.
Directions for use EQUIA
Powder/liquid ratio (g/g) – 0.40 / 0.12
Mixing time (min., sec.) – 10”
Time of initial extrusion after mixing – 10 seconds maximum
Working Time (min., sec.)* – 1’ 15”
Net Setting Time (min., sec.)* – 2’ 00”
Final Finishing Commencing Time (37°C, after starting mix) (min.,sec.) – 2’ 30”
VLC curing time of EQUIA Coat – 20”
Test conditions : Temperature (23 +/-1°C), Relative humidity (50 +/-5%)
*ISO 9917-1 : 2007 (E) (Glass polyalkenoate cement)
1. Cavity Preparation
a) Prepare tooth using standard techniques. Extensive mechanical retention is unnecessary. For pulp capping use calcium hydroxide.
In class V or II situations, make sure to use a right matrix system. Metal bands should be lubricated with petroleum jelly.
b) Apply GC CAVITY CONDITIONER (10 seconds) or GC DENTIN CONDITIONER (20 seconds) to the bonding surfaces using a cotton pellet or sponge.
c) Rinse thoroughly with water. Blot away excess water with a cotton pellet or dry by gently blowing with an air syringe.
DO NOT DESICCATE. Prepared surfaces should appear moist (glistening).
2. Capsule activation and mixing
a) Before activation, shake the capsule or tap its side on a hard surface to loosen the powder.
b) To activate the capsule, push the plunger until it is flush with the main body.
c) Immediately place the capsule into a metal GC CAPSULE APPLIER and click the lever once. The capsule is now activated.
Note: The capsule should be activated just before mixing and used immediately.
d) Immediately remove the capsule and set it into a mixer (or an amalgamator) and mix for 10 seconds (+/- 4,000RPM)
3. Restorative technique
a) Immediately remove the mixed capsule from the mixer and load it into the GC CAPSULE APPLIER.
b) Make two clicks to prime the capsule then syringe. The working time is 1 minute 15 seconds from start of mixing at 23°C (73.4°F). Higher temperatures will shorten working time.
c) Within 10 seconds maximum after mixing, start to extrude the mixture directly into the preparation.
d) Form the preliminary contour, and cover with a matrix if required.
e) During the first 2 minutes 30 seconds from start of mix extra care should be taken to avoid moisture contamination or dryingout. In case this cannot be guaranteed, immediately apply EQUIA Coat and light cure.
1) To adjust the direction of the nozzle, hold the applier with the capsule towards you and turn the capsule body.
2) To remove the used capsule, push the applier release button. Twist the capsule and pull upwards.
Finish under water spray using superfine diamond burs after 2 minutes 30 seconds from start of mixing
Note: When applying EQUIA Coat on the existing EQUIA restorations, roughen the surface to be coated with superfine diamond burs.
a) Spray preparation dust away with water. Dry by gently blowing with oil free air. Surfaces to be coated should be dry. Do not desiccate.
b) Dispense a few drops of EQUIA Coat into a dispensing dish. Replace bottle cap immediately after use.
c) IMMEDIATELY apply (within 1 minute after dispensing) to the surfaces to be coated using the disposable applicator. Use floss to apply to approximal surface. DO NOT AIR BLOW.
1) Non bur cut enamel should be treated with a 35-40% phosphoric acid according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Rinse and dry with oil free air.
2) Should the coated surface be contaminated with water, blood or saliva prior to light curing, wash and dry the surface and repeat the coating procedure.
6. Light curing
IMMEDIATELY light cure all coated surfaces with a visible light curing unit (> 500mW/cm² : Halogen, GC G-Light, LED) for 20 seconds.
1) Place light source as close as possible to the coated surface.
2) If surface is tacky or yellowish, repeat light curing.
3) Use a protective light shield or similar protective eye wear during light curing.
Store the EQUIA Fil capsules in the original aluminium foil in a cool and dark place (4-25°C) (39.2-77.0°F).
If not in use for a prolonged period of time, store EQUIA Coat in refrigerator, otherwise store at room temperature (4-25°C)(39.2-77.0°F).
EQUIA Fil – 2 years from date of manufacture
EQUIA Coat – 3 years from date of manufacture
Available in Refills: A1, A2, A3, A3.5, B1, B2, B3, C4, SW (Standard White)*
Shade numbers according to Vita shade guide.
Vita is a registered trademark of Vita Zahnfabrik, Bad Säckingen, Germany.
*Only available in limited countries and packages.
1. Single shade package : 50 capsules.
2. Assortment package : 50 capsules (10 each of A2, A3, A3.5, B1, B3).
Average contents per capsule : 0.40g powder and 0.12g (0.10mL) liquid.
Minimum net volume of mixed cement per capsule : 0.14mL.
3. EQUIA Coat 4mL (1) / 6mL* (1), disposable applicator (25).
Option : GC CAPSULE APPLIER (1 piece).
*Only available in limited countries and packages
1. In case of contact with oral tissue or skin, immediately remove with a sponge or cotton pellet. After the restorative treatment is finished, rinse thoroughly with water.
2. In case of contact with eyes, flush immediately with water and seek medical attention.
3. EQUIA Coat is flammable. Do not use near naked flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not store large quantities in one area. Keep away from direct sunlight.
4. EQUIA Coat is volatile. Use in a well ventilated place. Replace cap immediately.
5. If the tissue contacted by EQUIA Coat turns white or forms a blister, advise the patient to leave the affected area undisturbed, until the mark disappears, usually in 1-2 weeks. To avoid contact, it is recommended to apply cocoa butter to the area where rubber dam cannot cover.
6. Do not use EQUIA Coat in combination with desensitizers and eugenol containing materials as these may hinder EQUIA Coat from setting or bonding properly.
7. Avoid inhalation or ingestion of material.
8. Avoid getting material on clothingEquia Fil / Equia EN Coat
9. Do not mix with other products.
10. Instruct the patient not to apply pressure for 1 hour