GC Fuji II LC – radiopaque light cured reinforced glass ionomer restorative
For use only by a dental professional in the recommended indications.
1. Class III and V restorations, particularly for cervical erosions and root surface caries.
2. Restoration of primary teeth.
3. Core build up.
4. Cases where radiopacity is required.
5. Geriatric applications.
6. As a base or liner.
1. Pulp capping.
2. In rare cases the product may cause sensitivity in some people. If any such reactions are experienced, discontinue the use of the product and refer to a physician.
Directions for use Fuji II LC
Powder/liquid ratio (g/g) – 3.2 / 1.0
Mixing time (min., sec.) – 20-25″
Working Time (min., sec.) – 3’45”
Light Curing Time (sec.) – 20″
Depth of Cure (A2) (mm) 1.8
Test conditions: Temperature (23+ / – 1°C)
Relative humidity (50+ / -10%)
ISO 9917-2 : 1998 (E) (Light-activated cements) (Type I)
1. Powder and liquid dispensing
a) Select shade based on Vita shade guide.
Vita is a registered trademark of Vita Zahnfabrik, Bad Säckingen, Germany.
b) The standard powder to liquid ratio is 3.2g / 1.0g. 1 level scoop of powder to 2 drops of liquid.
c) For accurate dispensing of powder, tap the bottle gently. Do not shake or invert.
d) Hold the liquid bottle vertically and squeeze gently.
e) Close bottles immediately after use.
a) Fluff powder of bottle before dispensing.
b) Place one scoop of powder and two drops of liquid on pad. Divide powder in half.
c) Spread liquid out into a thin layer (about the size of a half dollar or 3 cm) with plastic spatula.
d) Pull half of the powder onto liquid and mix with lapping strokes (like impression material) for 10 to 15 seconds.
e) Pull in remaining powder and mix thoroughly to a glossy consistency. Do not exceed 20-25 second total mixing time.
3. Restorative technique
a) Prepare tooth using standard techniques. Extensive mechanical retention is not necessary. For pulp capping use calcium hydroxide.
b) Apply GC CAVITY CONDITIONER (10 seconds) or GC DENTIN CONDITIONER (20 seconds) to the bonding surfaces using a cotton pellet or sponge.
c) Rinse thoroughly with water. Dry by blotting with a cotton pellet or gently blowing with an air syringe. DO NOT DESICCATE. Best results are obtained when prepared surfaces appear moist (glistening).
d) Mix the required amount of cement. Working time is 3 minutes 45 seconds from the start of mixing at 23°C (73.4°F). Higher temperatures will shorten working time.
e) Transfer cement to the preparation using a syringe or suitable placement instrument. Avoid air bubbles.
f) Form the contour and place a transparent matrix if required.
g) Light cure for 20 seconds using a visible light curing device (470 nm wavelength). Place light source as closely as possible to the cement surface.
Note : For cavities deeper than 1.8 mm, use a layering technique.
Remove matrix and finish under water spray using standard techniques.
Note : Apply a final coat of GC Fuji VARNISH (blow dry) or GC Fuji COAT LC (light cure for 10 sec.) or G-COAT PLUS (light cure for 20 sec.).
Store in a cool and dark place (4-25°C / 39.2-77.0°F).
(Shelf life : Powder 3 years, liquid 2 years)
(11 shades) A1, A2, A3, A3.5, A4, B2, B3, B4, C2, C4, D2.
1. 1-1 package : 15g powder, 8g (6.8mL) liquid, powder scoop, mixing pad (No.22), plastic spatula.
2. Bottle of 15g powder with scoop.
3. Bottle of 8g (6.8mL) liquid.
1. In case of contact with oral tissue or skin, remove immediately with a sponge or cotton soaked in alcohol. Flush with water.
2. In case of contact with eyes, flush immediately with water and seek medical attention.
3. Do not mix powder or liquid with other glass ionomer components.
MANUFACTURED BY GC CORPORATION 76-1 Hasunuma-cho, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 174-8585, Japan