GC Fuji I – radiopaque glass ionomer luting cement
For use only by a dental professional in the recommended indications.
1. Cementation of metal-based inlays, onlays, crowns, bridges and posts.
2. Cementation of high strength (zirconia based) all ceramic crowns and bridges.
1. Pulp capping.
2. In rare cases the product may cause sensitivity in some people. If any such reactions are experienced, discontinue
the use of the product and refer to a physician.
Directions for use GC Fuji I
Powder/liquid ratio (g/g) – 1.8/1.0
Mixing time (min., sec.) – 20
Working time (min., sec.) (at 23°C)(from start of mixing) – 2’00″
Final finishing commencing time(after seating the restoration) – 4’30″
1. Tooth preparation
a) Prepare tooth in usual manner. For pulp capping, use calcium hydroxide.
b) Clean the prepared teeth with pumice and water.
c) Rinse thoroughly with water. Remove excess moisture by blotting with a cotton pellet or gently blowing with an oil-free air. DO NOT DESICCATE. Prepared surfaces should appear moist (glistening).
2. Restoration preparation
Make sure that the restoration is pretreated and handled according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Powder and liquid dispensing
a) The standard powder to liquid ratio is 1.8g/1.0g (1 level scoop of powder to 2 drops of liquid).
b) For accurate dispensing of powder, lightly tap the bottle against the hand. Do not shake or invert.
c) Hold the liquid bottle vertically and squeeze gently.
d) Close bottles immediately after use.
Dispense powder and liquid onto the pad. Using the plastic spatula, add all the powder to the liquid. Mix rapidly for 20 seconds.
When mixing larger amounts, divide the powder into two equal parts. Mix the first portion with all of liquid for 5 seconds. Incorporate the remaining portion and mix the whole thoroughly for 15 seconds (total 20 seconds).
a) Coat the internal surface of the restoration with sufficient cement and seat immediately. The working time is 2 minutes from start of mixing at 23°C (73.4°F). Higher temperatures shorten working time.
b) Maintain moderate pressure.
c) Start removing excess cement when the excess cement feels rubbery.
d) Finishing can be started 4 minutes 30 seconds after seating the restoration.
Store in a cool and dark place (4-25°C) (39.2-77.0°F).
(Shelf life : 3 years from date of manufacture)
1. 1-1 package : 35g powder, 25g (20mL) liquid, powder scoop, mixing pads (No. 20).
2. Bottle of 35g powder with scoop.
3. Bottle of 25g (20mL) liquid.
1. In case of contact with oral tissue or skin, remove immediately with a sponge or cotton soaked in alcohol. Flush with water. To avoid contact, a rubber dam and/or cocoa butter can be used to isolate the operation field from the skin or oral tissue.
2. In case of contact with eyes, flush immediately with water and seek medical attention.
3. DO NOT mix powder or liquid with components of other glass ionomer cements.
4. This product is not indicated for filling or core build-up.