Granulotec – eugenol-free, radio-opaque paste (powder + liquid) for the permanent obturation of the infected root canals, specifically in presence of a granuloma.
Powder Iodoform, Polyoxymethylene, excipient Liquid Phenol, Formaldehyde, Gaiacol, Dexamethasone Acetate, excipient.
Granulotec is a Eugenol free, bactericidal, non resorbable and radio-opaque preparation for the permanent obturation, after pulpectomy and root canal treatment, of infected root canals, specifically in presence of a granuloma.
It ensures the healing of the infection , the resorption of the granuloma and the regeneration of the periapical tissues. It is also to be used as a permanent obturation of non-infected (vital) teeth.
- Permanent obturation of the infected root canals, specifically in presence of a granuloma
- Permanent obturation of non-infected root canals
Granulotec – mode of use
Recommended powder/liquid (P/L) weight ratio: 1.1 – 2.1 (g/g). Setting time (tested according to ISO 6876): 20-50 minutes, depending on the P/L ratio.
1. Infected tooth
- Use the regular methods for root canal reaming and preparation
- Thoroughly clean the canal and have it carefully dried before the application of Granulotec
- Mix the powder and liquid in order to obtain a paste of intermediary consistency, between putty and liquid cream
- Insert the paste into the canal with the rotary paste filler # 35, length 25mm, included in the portion, moving the instruments backwards and forwards in the canal in regular movements from the crown through the apex and back. This simple and efficient technique is quickly acquired
- Take care to introduce the paste until the apical level in order to ensure a contact with the granulomatous tissues.
Contra-indication: do not treat the teeth close to the dental nerve
- If possible, it is advisable to make a control X-ray after about 3 months
- In case of serious infection of the tooth, it is advisable to complete the obturation by an antibiotic and an analgesic treatment
- It is to be noted that the tooth might be painful during a couple of days after treatment, this pain being suppressed by analgesics
2. Non infected tooth
Same technique, the prescription of an antibiotic being not necessary.
3. Particular case of a fortuitous discovery of a broken instrument during the canal treatment
In case of impossibility to withdraw a fractured instrument at the apical third of a root associated with an apical infection: Achieve a large reaming of the canal until contact with the instrument and fill the space with Granulotec which might act by diffusion and leads to healing. It is to be controlled radiographically 1 year after treatment.
Granulotec contains chemicals which can be toxic by inhalation or ingestion. When using this product, gloves, mask and protective glasses should be worn. In case of contact with the skin wash with plenty of soap and water. If skin irritation occurs, get medical advice/attention. In case of contact with the eye rinse cautiously with soft, clean water for 15 minutes, holding the eyelids open, and call a doctor immediately. In case of swallowing rinse the mouth with water, drink a lot of water and consult a doctor. Keep the person exposed at rest, do not force vomiting. Dot not use in cases of known hypersensitives to any of these ingredients.
Store at room temperature between 5°C and 30°C, protected from direct light and humidity. Shelf life 3 years.
- Portion 20g powder + 15ml liquid + paste fillers
For dental professional use. Made in Switzerland.
METAPEX – CALCIUM HYDROXIDE WITH LODOFORM
RC PREP – ROOT CANAL PREPARATION CREAM
AH PLUS / AH PLUS JET – ROOT CANAL SEALER