Ketac Cem radiopaque is a luting cement for mixing by hand.
Cementation of inlays, onlays, crowns, and bridges made of metal, with metal frameworks, made of high-strength ceramic or composite, provided they are suitable for conventional cementation.
Cementation of crowns and bridges made of metal, with metal frameworks, made of high-strength ceramic or composite, provided they are suitable for conventional cementation, on implant abutments.
Cementation of posts and screws made of metal or high-strength ceramic, provided they are suitable for conventional cementation. Cementation of orthodontic bands.
Preparation Ketac Cem
- To provide for optimal adhesion, carefully clean the surfaces of the tooth and restoration to be cemented.
- Blow the preparation dry in only 2-3 short intervals with water and oil-free air or dab dry with cotton pellets. Do not over-dry!
- The preparation should be just so dry that the surface has a matt shiny appearance. Excessive drying with compressed air can negatively affect adhesion or result in post-operative sensitivity after seating the restoration.
- The surfaces of the restoration should be dried well with compressed air.
- Avoid further contamination by saliva.
The glass ionomer cement must not be applied directly to dentin – e.g. on inlays -situated close to the pulp or to the exposed pulp.
Prior to taking the impression, cover areas close to the pulp using a hardsetting calcium hydroxide preparation
Dosage Ketac Cem
- Shake bottle to loosen powder.
- Screw off cap and replace by dispensing dropper.
- For cementing work, the recommended powder-to-liquid mixing ratio is 3.8:1 w/w, this corresponding to 1 level spoonful of powder to two drops of liquid. Skim off spoon on plastic segment. Do not compress the powder.
- Dose powder and liquid next to each other on a mixing pad or glass slab. Keep bottle upright while dispensing. Crystallized liquid must not be allowed to form on the dispensing dropper.
- Carefully seal bottle after use.
If the mix is too thin (due to insufficient dosing of powder) this may produce symptoms of pulpitis.
Working of Ketac Cem radiopaque should proceed at a room temperature of 20-25° C/68-77° F.
Mix using a metal or plastic cement spatula.
Add the powder to the liquid in one portion. On principle a sufficient quantity of powder should be added to the liquid to produce viscid consistency. The quantity of cement required for a crown should just about drip from the
Continue to smooth out the paste until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
Ketac Cem radiopaque – Application
During application, water and saliva must be prevented from entering the working area.
– Apply a thin coat of cement to the surface of the restoration to be cemented and to the preparation. Subsequently seat the restoration.
– Avoid overfilling the restoration. Applying hydrostatic pressure buildup in tightly fitting restorations may cause pulp discomfort.
The following time scale applies at a room temperature of 23° C/73° F and 50% relative atmospheric humidity:
Application incl. mixing 3:30
Setting from begin of mix 7:00
Higher temperatures shorten the working time, whereas lower temperatures will extend this period (e.g. mixing on a cooled glass slab). A higher amount of powder also brings about a shorter working time. Exceeding the working time causes loss of adhesion to enamel and dentine.
Removal of Excess
- Remove excess using a Heidemann spatula and/or probe 7 min. after beginning of mix.
- Carefully check the sulcus of the treated teeth and the surrounding areas; remove any cement residues still remaining. This is especially important when cementing to implant abutments.
Storage and Shelf Life
Keep the powder in a dry place away from damp.
Store the product at 15-25° C/59-77° F.
Do not use after the expiry date.
Ketac Cem Radiopaque
- Introductory Kit: 1 powder 33 g, 1 liquid 12 ml, 1 mixing pad
- Triple Pack: 3 powder – 33 g each, 3 liquid – 12 ml each, 1 mixing pad
- Giant Pack: 10 powder – 33 g each, 10 liquid – 12 ml each, 5 mixing pads
Powder Refill: 1 powder 33 g
Liquid Refill: 1 liquid 12 ml
GC FUJI IX GP – GLASS IONOMER RESTORATIVE CEMENT
MAXCEM ELITE – DENTAL RESIN CEMENT
IONOSEAL – GLASS IONOMER COMPOSITE CEMENT FOR LININGS