Opalustre is a chemical and mechanical abrasion slurry containing 6.6% hydrochloric acid and silicon carbide micro particles in a water-soluble paste.
For correction of superficial ( multi-colored enamel defects, including fluorosis discoloration, that have not responded to regular take home bleaching products.
Opalustre is gluten free and kosher certified
NOTE: Opalustre is for professional use ONLY.
Opalustre – Directions for Use:
- Determine and record baseline shade. Use photographs when indicated.
- For enamel reduction, evaluate the labio-lingual thickness of teeth to be treated.
WARNING: Because of the hydrochloric acid, meticulous isolation is extremely important when using this product. Patient and clinician should both wear protective eyewear.
- Using rubber dam and clamps, isolate teeth to be treated and one tooth posterior on each side.
- For additional protection, apply a bead of rubber dam sealer or light-cured resin barrier at the gingival margin beneath the dam.
- Attach dam to the frame and invert rubber dam at the gingival border.
NOTE: For hypo-mineralization greater than 0.1-0.3mm use a fine-grit water-cooled tapered diamond bur, lightly sweep over the stained area for 5-10 seconds prior to applying Opalustre.
- Remove Luer lock cap from Opalustre syringe and securely attach White Mac tip.
- Verify flow prior to applying intraorally.
- Apply approximately 1.0mm thick layer over the discolored area.
- Using a rubber prophy cup at a slow RPM (approximately 500 RPM), apply medium to heavy pressure for 60 seconds at a time.
- Suction the paste from the teeth first, then rinse, evaluate and repeat as necessary.
- After final rinse, remove rubber dam, and sealer from the teeth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Apply an in-office fluoride gel to the enamel for 4 minutes.
- Evaluate and record final shade.
NOTE: Take-home whitening products can be used pre- or post op to blend and further whiten treated teeth. Wait 24 hours after treatment before using take-home whitening products
For post-op sensitivity, use fluoride or potassium nitrate products for 30 minutes to 8 hours per day are recommended. Areas of deep hypo-mineralization and some stains may not respond to treatment and may require esthetic bonded restorations. Wait a minimum of two weeks after all whitening before placing esthetic restorations to assure bond and color stability.
Warnings and Precautions:
- Avoid soft tissue. If product comes in contact with any soft tissue, immediately rinse area with copious amounts of water.
- Patient, clinician and assistant must wear protective eyewear when using this product.
- Carefully read and understand SDS and all instructions before using.
- Verify flow of all syringes prior to applying intraorally. If resistance is met, replace tip and re-check. Use only recommended tips.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Patients with known allergies or sensitivities to ingredients listed on the SDS should not be treated with this product. If allergic reaction develops, consult a physician.
- Material is not to be injected.
- Keep out of direct heat and/or sunlight.
- Re-cap, disinfect and wipe syringe with an intermediate level disinfectant between uses.
- Dispose of tips and syringe properly.
- 4 x 1.2ml Opalustre syringes
10 x OpalCups bristle
10 x OpalCups finishing
20 x White Mac tips
- 4 x 1.2ml Opalustre syringes
OPALDAM – UNIQUE, LIGHT-REFLECTIVE, PASSIVELY ADHESIVE (SEALING) LIGHT CURED RESINS
OPALESCENCE PF – TOOTH WHITENING SYSTEMS
OPALESCENCE QUICK – TOOTH WHITENING SYSTEM
OPALESCENCE BOOST – IN-OFFICE POWER BLEACH