OraSeal Caulking and OraSeal Putty are specially designed, cellulose-based caulking and block-out materials that are syringe delivered through a White Mac tip.
OraSeal Caulking will adhere to a wet rubber dam, gingival and mucosal tissues, and teeth. It will adhere under water and saliva!
OraSeal Putty is a heavier-bodied material with the same adhesive qualities as OraSeal rubber dam caulking.
Adheres under water and saliva.
OraSeal Caulking is used to seal rubber dams to optimize tissue isolation; i.e., irritating seepage of strong peroxide solutions during power bleaching or hydrofluoric acid during porcelain etching, etc. It is excellent for repair of rubber dam leakage resulting from difficult adaptation associated with endodontic procedures, small perforations, and areas where fixed partial denture connectors prevent adequate seal.
OraSeal Putty is used to block out undercuts associated with large gingival embrasures, implant bars, precision attachments, or fixed partial denture pontice during impression making procedures. It’s heavier body prevents displacement during intraoral pick-up of anchoring attachments with autopolymerizing resins.
- Remove luer lock cap from syringe and twist disposable tip securely onto syringe. Hold plunger in palm of hand for optimum control instead of conventional manner with thumb on plunger. Note: One may wish to custom trim tips to desired orifice diameter.
- Rubber dam placement prior to vital bleaching, porcelain etching, etc.
- Improve dam seal adjacent to fixed partial denture connector.
- When performing endodontics on a compromised tooth.
- Torn rubber dam adjacent to hard and/or soft tissues or fixed prosthesis.
- To prevent saliva contamination when bonding ortho brackets.
Use particularly as a block-out material. Use before impression making under fixed bridgework, etc., or to block out under attachments and implant bars.
If surface treatment is to be performed following use of, always make sure area is well cleaned with prophy cup.
We recommend that large volumes removed not be vacuumed into vacuum system.
OraSeal is not to be expressed into extraction sites, deep pockets, etc., as one cannot be ensured of material being abraded away in such areas.
Clean and disinfect syringes between patients. We highly recommend using Ultradent Syringe Covers sealed with the Ultradent Impulse Sealer as a protective barrier to prevent cross-contamination.
Material is NOT to be used in critical dimension areas. At any rate, always properly disinfect and wash impressions before pouring stone.
- 4 x 1.2ml caulking syringes
- 4 x 1.2ml putty syringes
- 20 x 1.2ml caulking syringes
- 20 x 1.2ml putty syringes
Ultradent Products Inc.
SEEK AND SABLE SEEK – CARIES INDICATOR
ULTRACARE – ORAL ANESTHETIC GEL
OPALESCENCE BOOST 40% – IN-OFFICE POWER BLEACH