ProTaper Universal is the new version of the most popular endodontic Nickel Titanium system in the world.
Application field: shaping and cleaning of the root canal system.
+ E a s i e r
Only one instrument sequence whatever the canal shape. An easy to remember protocol (colour-coded). Drying and obturation solutions specifically designed for ProTaper files, with the same colour-codes for instant identification.
Only 3 instruments needed in most cases. High cutting power.
+ More efficient
Increased apical taper for better canal cleaning. Better debris removal due to the unique «Multiple Tapcr» design of these instruments.
Guiding tip with rounded end to minimize canal deviations. These instruments are also available in a manual version to treat anatomically difficult cases or for clinicians who prefer to use hand files for tactile control reasons.
ProTaper Universal is a comprehensive system specifically designed to meet the needs of all clinicians in all clinical cases
Rotary Protaper Universal files ensure rapid and quality canal shaping. Protaper files Fon r Hand Use, have the same desig as that of the rotary ones and are useful for more difficult cases such as canals with great apical curvature. They are also excellent instruments for all clinicianc practicing manual endodontics.
Protaper re-treatment files have been designed to remove filling material before canal re-shaping
As Protaper paper points F1-F5 match tapers of the files, they ensure rapid canal drying. As they perfectly correspond to the size of the shaping files, the Protaper obturators and gutta percha points give you the guarantee of optimized obturation.
- Multiple use disinfection and resterilization cycles may lead to increased risk of file separation.
- These instruments should not be immersed in a sodium hypochlorite solution.
- Instrument decontamination: strictly follow decontamination instructions from the manufacturer.
- Irrigate abundantly and frequently
- Establish a reproducible glide path using hand files, at least an Iso 015 size.
- Use in a constant rotation at a speed of 150-350 rpm with light apical pressure.
- Clean flutes frequently and check for signs of distortion or wear.
- For optimal usage, torque control devices are recommended.
- Use the Shaping Files (S1, S2 and SX) with a brushing action on the withdrawal stroke in order to create straight line radicular access.
- Use the Finishing Files (F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5) with no brushing action.
- Use the appropriate finishing files to passively follow the canal to the working length, and then withdraw immediately.
Step by step instructions for ProTaper Universal:
Basic instrumentation sequence covering most clinical cases
Finishing of wide apical part
Finishing of very wide apical part
1) Create straight line access to canal orifice
2) Always irrigate and confirm a reproducible glide path with an ISO 015 hand file.
3) Protocol of use:
- Locate the orifice
- Use passively an ISO 015 hand file to resistance
- Use Shaping File S1 with brushing action until the same depth as the ISO 015 hand file is reached.
- Repeat this sequence until the working length is determined with an ISO 015 hand file and reached with S1
- Use shaping file S2 with brushing action until the working length is reached
- reconfirm working length
- Use finishing file F1 (non-brushing motion) with each insertion deeper than the previous insertion until the working length is reached.
- Gauge the foramen with hand files.
- Use the appropriate finishing file (F2, F3, F4, F5) with the same non-brushing motion to working length if additional enlargement is required or if foramen is larger.
If necessary, use the SX with a brushing motion to move the coronal aspect of the canal away from the furcation and / or to create more coronal shape.
The ProTaper Rules
- once working length is confirmed, use each instrument progressively down to the working length
- always irrigate the canal before engaging the file
- clean the instrument diredly after use
- ProTaper rotary files should be used at a constant and stable speed between 150 and 350 r.pm.
- for a better result, ProTaper rotary shaping files SI, S2 and SX should be used with a brushing action
- withdraw the file once the working length is reached
Increased efficiency and versatility
- two additional finishers (F4 and F5) for broad apices (Iso sizes: 040 and 050)
- increased flexibility of files F3, F4 and F5 due to the hollowed : portion of these instruments
- all files are now available in length 31 mm for treatment of long canals
- ProTaper For Hand Use instruments are now fitted with silicone handles for better comfort
PROTAPER UNIVERSAL RETREATMENT
D1+D2+D3: instruments specially designed for easy un-filling, featuring:
- D1 file with working tip to facilitate initial penetration
- 3 lengths and 3 progressive tapers to fit all three parts of the canal (coronal/middle/apical)
An instrument sequence easy to remember
- from the shortest up to the longest file: D1 – D2 – D3
- dark grey handles no more than 11 mm long for better visibility
- instrument with one, two or three white bands according to the instrument selected
ProTaper D1 – for coronal filling removal
ProTaper D2 – for middle filling removal
ProTaper D3 – for apical filling removal
ProTaper rules for removal of filling material
- the file penetration is carried out by exerting very slight apical pressure
- withdraw the file frequently, inspect it and remove the debris from its flutes before continuing
- if the file cannot go deeper, use a hand file to overcome the resistance and confirm the canal permeability
- in case of eugenol-based soluble pastes: firstly, soften the paste with DMS IV solvenl (Dentsply Maillefer)
- for obturations with gutta percha or Thermafil/ProTaper obturators: 500-700 rpm
- for zinc oxide eugenol based obturations: 250-300 rpm
Ni-Ti files cannot be used to unftll resin-type pastas
Disinfection, cleaning and sterilization:
First clean and decontaminate the instruments and their supports. Then decontaminate and sterilize them out of their environment (in bags) with the autoclave at 134°C and 3 bar during 18 minutes.
- Single use marked instruments are not approved for re-use.
- The user is responsible for the sterility of the product for the fi rst cycle and each further usage as well as for the usage of damaged or dirty instruments.
- For your own safety, please wear personal protective equipments (gloves, glasses).
- Use only disinfecting solution which is approved for their effi cacy (DGHM-listing, CE marking, FDAapproval)
- Tungsten Carbide burs, Plastic Support, Hand instruments and NiTi instruments are degraded by Peroxide hydrogen (H2O2) solution.
- NiTi Instruments are degraded if immerged more than 5 minutes in a solution of NaOCl at more than 5 %.
- Instruments made of aluminium are degraded in presence of caustic soda solutions with mercury salt.
- Do not use acid (pH < 6) or alkaline (pH >8) solutions.
- After 5 cycles, degradation of marking may appear.
ProTaper Universal, specific drying and obturation systemsfor increased comfort
- one file – one point – one obturation (reduced risk of error)
- easy identification: same colour-codes and designations
- optimal fit over the entire canal length
- perfect single-cone or 3D-warm obturation according lo the system selected
- one-step warm obturation technique (ProTaper obturators)
ADSEAL – RESIN-BASED ROOT CANAL SEALER
AH PLUS / AH PLUS JET – ROOT CANAL SEALER
DYCAL – CALCIUM HYDROXIDE LINER