TempoSIL 2 is a temporary, radiopaque A-Silicone cement, with two different shades, dentin and white.
Material Type: Zinc oxide; Polydimethylsiloxane.
- Temporary cementation of provisional restorations
- Temporary cementation of provisional restorations on implant abutments
Temporary cementation of final crowns and bridges.
Temporary cementation of final crowns and bridges on implant abutments.
Working Time – ≤0:50 min
Setting Time – ≥2:00 min
When used as directed, there are no known contra-indications.
Side Effects /Interactions
A-Silicones have a high degree of biological compatibility with no known harmful reactions or secondary effects on patients or dental personnel. TempoSIL 2 is designed to set intraorally.
TempoSIL 2 – instruction
- Gently dry the prepared tooth surface by using oil-free compressed air. Do not overdry. The best results will be achieved, when the prepared tooth surface looks moist (shiny).
- Cleanse and dry the inside of the restoration.
- Remove the syringe plug on the syringe and discard.
- Extrude a small amount of material directly out of the syringe onto a paper towel/tissue until it is evident that base and catalyst are being ejected. This ensures proper mixing.
- Immediately wipe the syringe orifice to remove excess material.
- Attach the Mixing Tip to the syringe by aligning the prongs inside the Mixing Tip with the syringe orifice. Seat onto the syringe and twist clockwise (90°) to lock in place.
- Apply TempoSIL 2 directly from the syringe into the provisional. Seat the provisional, applying slight pressure. Secure undisturbed for 30–60 s.
- After setting, remove the excess material (e.g. scaler).
- After syringe use, disinfect used Mixing Tip and store the syringe with the used Mixing Tip attached.
Always store the TempoSIL 2 syringe with the Mixing Tip attached. This seals the syringe and prevents contamination. Remove used Mixing Tip prior to using the syringe again. Bleed
syringe to check that material ejects evenly. Attach new Mixing Tip.
Always wear gloves. Skin secretions, latex gloves and surfaces contaminated by latex gloves may interfere with the setting process of A-Silicones. Touch material and the preparation with thoroughly washed and rinsed hands (wash for 15 s with a detergent, rinse with water for another 15 s) or use latex-free gloves. Compounds containing eugenol, hemostatic agents or some anaesthetics may also impede setting. High temperatures accelerate and low temperatures decelerate the setting process.
The expiration date and numbers are displayed on the packaging and syringe.
Shelf Life, Storage
The manufacturer recommends discarding TempoSIL 2 after the expiration date. Storage at temperatures of 15 – 23 °C / 59 – 73 °F are recommended to maintain the quality of TempoSIL 2 to the expiry date. Avoid exposure to heat and sun.
Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a dentist.
Only supplied to dentists and dental laboratories or upon their instructions.