Twinky Star is a colored, light-curing and radiopaque compomer filling system with glitter effect that is toxicologically safe for cavities in deciduous teeth.
Twinky Star can be cured with halogen light/LED light (blue light) and is used with a dentin/enamel bond.
– filling deciduous teeth
– Twinky Star contains BIS-GMA, diurethane dimethacrylate, TEGDMA, BHT.
– Twinky Star should not be applied, if a dry working field cannot be achieved, the prescribed application technique cannot be employed or there are known allergies to any of the ingredients.
– Twinky Star must not be used for direct or indirect pulp capping or occlusion-bearing, permanent fillings of permanent teeth.
Preparation / Color Selection
Clean teeth to be treated with fluoride-free cleaning paste.
Choose one of the 8 colors indicated in the color guide.
Preparation of the cavity:
Minimal preparation of the cavity (adhesive filling technique) should be exercised to preserve healthy tooth substance (avoid feather-shaped margins). Follow special preparation forms for deciduous teeth!
– Remove any residues in the cavity with a water jet.
– Avoid contamination with blood or saliva after cleaning.
– Remove any excess water with a faint airjet. Do not overdry the dentin!
The dentin surface should be moist, but not too wet (wet bonding).
Apply a calcium hydroxide lining in areas close to the pulp.
For optimal adhesion, conventional dentin/enamel bond should be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Application of Twinky Star:
Fillings that are 2 mm or more in depth should be applied and cured in layers. Each layer should be polymerized for approx. 40 s.
Conventional polymerization devices are suited for light-curing this material. The light output
should be a minimum of 500 mW/cm2 on halogen polymerization devices and 300 mW/cm2 on LED devices.
Use transparent strips and crowns or light-wedges. Ensure a tight marginal seal. The tip of the light curing device should be held as close as possible to the filling surface. If this distance is more than 5 mm, curing depth may be reduced or curing limited to the light cone.
Insufficient curing may lead to discoloration or pulpitis-like complaints. Finishing and polishing (with cooling) can be conducted immediately after removal of the shaping aids (e.g. with ultra-fine diamonds, polishing disks). The filling margin or preferably the entire tooth should be fluoridated as a final step.
– Preparations containing eugenol or clove oil will disturb the polymerization of synthetic restoratives. Do not use zinc oxide eugenol cements or other materials containing eugenol when applying Twinky Star.
– Twinky Star is a compomer-based restorative with special color effects. The glitter effect is caused by special insoluble ingredients. Twinky Star does not contain any metals.
All colors comply with food and cosmetics regulations, are safe and added in very low concentrations. After polymerization, the colors are firmly bound in the synthetic matrix.
Store at room temperature: 39°F – 79°F (4°C – 23°C)
kit 40-0.25gm Caps in eight different colors, color guide
refill pack 25-0.25gm Caps each, shades: