Ultracare is a 20% benzocaine w/v (oral anesthetic gel) preparation in a water-soluble glycol base.
It is available in 30ml bottles, 1.2ml single dose syringes, and in 30ml IndiSpense container syringes. Special flavoring and sweetening agents are incorporated to render flavors of superior taste (with no aftertaste).
Ultracare is designed for rapid onset (10-30 seconds). Anesthesia usually lasts 8-10 minutes.
Benzocaine has been shown to be a safe, effective anesthetic with little or no systemic absorption. The incidence of allergic reaction is rare. Ultracare is NOT for injection.
For the temporary relief of occasional minor irritation and pain, associated with:
- minor dental procedures
- sore mouth and throat
- minor injury of the gums
- canker sores
- minor irritation of the mouth or gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances.
Ultracare – Preliminary Steps:
1. For preloaded 1.2ml syringes:
- Remove luer lock cap from syringe.
- Twist a Blue Micro tip or 5mm Micro Capillary tip securely onto syringe.
- Hold syringe in palm of hand (as shown in Fig. 1) for greater control, rather than in conventional manner with thumb on plunger.
2. For delivery from 30ml bottle:
- Remove lid.
- Dip cotton applicator in anesthetic.
3. For IndiSpense delivery to cotton applicator:
- Remove cap from syringe.
- Express desired amount of anesthetic to cotton applicator (Fig. 2).0
4. For IndiSpense delivery to empty 1.2ml syringe:
- Attach a 1.2ml syringe to the end of IndiSpense by turning the luer lock of syringe snugly onto male thread of Indispense syringe.
- With palm, press plunger of IndiSpense syringe gently while slowly pulling plunger of syringe out.
- Attach tip to end of 1.2 ml syringe for delivery.
5. For IndiSpense delivery to dappen dish:
- Remove cap from syringe.
- Express desired amount of anesthetic to dappen dish. Dip cotton applicator in dappen dish. This allows for reapplication and eliminates/reduces potential for cross- contamination.
- Vacuum excess saliva from mouth.
- Deliver a controlled amount of Ultracare to desired area
- Adults and children 2 years of age and older, apply (a thin film) to affected area. Allow to remain in place at least 1 minute and then spit out. Use up to 4 times daily as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- Children under 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of this product.
- Children under 2 years of age, consult a dentist or doctor.
- For external use only.
- Do not use if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other “caine” anesthetics.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea or vomiting.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days or if irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens.
- When using this product, avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Ultracare is NOT for injection.
- The 1.2ml syringe size is designed for one-per-patient usage. Dispose syringe and tip following use, or use Ultradent Syringe Covers and dispose of cover and tip to prevent cross-contamination.
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine—3mg per gram.
OPALESCENCE BOOST 40% – IN-OFFICE POWER BLEACH