UltraEZ is a unique, sustained release, 3% potassium nitrate and 0.11 % weight by weight fluoride ion, sticky, viscous gel.
UltraEZ is designed to be used In a custom-fabricated tray.
UltraEZ Desensitizing Gel provides a film-like varnish for sensitive teeth, sealing dentinal tubules of exposed dentin and other areas where post-operative sensitivity is a concern.
The product is used either by a dental professional in the office or provided to the patient for home treatment of dentin sensitivity.
- Read and understand instructions before using or dispensing to patient.
- Fabricate tray to meet patients needs. See laboratory instructions, or send working cast/model and prescription order form to Ultradent. Areas of sensitivity should be Indicated on cast before sending the model. If patient already has a custom bleaching tray, UltraEZ may be applied in the same tray and manner as bleaching gel.
Note: If large embrasures exist from prior periodontal surgery that might present problematic impression removal from the teeth, block out embrasures with OraSeal putty.
- UltraEZ is dispensed in 1.2ml unit dose syringes. A complete arch should use most of the contents of a syringe. If sensitivity is localized, place gel in affected area(s) and a small amount In the molar region to hold tray in place.
- The length and number of times tray is worn depends on condition, patient, and clinician. Recommended treatment times can range from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- 5.Tray should be removed at meal times. Immediately following tray removal, patient should brush and rinse teeth with water to remove all remaining gel. DO NOT swallow solution during rinsing. Wash tray and store in a tray storage case. Fresh gel should be used with each application.
- Gel may be warmed before placing in tray to avoid thermal sensitivity.
Laboratory Instructions UltraEZ:
- Pour and trim cast as you would for a standard bleaching tray. Apply 0.5-1 .Omm of Ultradent8 LC Block-Out Resin to a clean, dry cast on areas In which patient is experiencing sensitivity (Figs. 1 & 2). Also apply resin to areas where there are open embrasures, etc. For periodontal patients, clinician may determine that pre-operative impressions are indicated. In such cases, reservoir spacing will be created post-op because of recontoured and aplcally positioned gingiva.
- Cure LC Block-Out for -2 minutes in light curing unit. A hand-held intraoral light (LUlra-Lume) can be used instead (20-40 seconds per tooth). Wipe off oxygen inhibition layer.
- With vacuum former (Ultra-Form or EconoForm), heat a Sof-Tray 0.035′ sheet until it sags -1 inch. Activate vacuum and adapt softened plastic over mold. Gool and remove model.
- Cut excess bulk of material away with serrated plastic trimmers.
- Trim excess tray material, allowing 4-6mm to overlap onto gingival tissue. Contour tray margin to avoid anatomical structures such as frenum attachments, tori, etc.
- Retum tray to model; check tray extensions. Gently flame polish edges, one quadrant at a time (Blazer Micro Torch).
- While still warm, hold periphery of each segment firmly against model for three seconds with water-moistened finger. If an area is short of the desired length, gently heat and push tray material to the desired location. If this thins the material too much, a new tray should be fabricated.
- Keep desensitization product away from small children.
- This product is NOT for nighttime use.
- Do not use tobacco products or eat while using this product.
- Not intended for use by pregnant women.
- lf any problems occur, discontinue treatment and notify your dentist.
- Keep out of heat and/or sunlight at all times. UltraEZ should be stored at room temperature.
- Patients should not swallow large volumes of UltraEZ. Excess material at insertion and residue upon removal should be brushed off and rinsed: DO NOT swallow.
ADMIRA PROTECT – LIGHT-CURING ORMOCER-BASED DESENSITISER
ISODAN – DESENSITIZING SOLUTION
DYCAL – CALCIUM HYDROXIDE LINER