Venus Diamond – universal light curing nano hybrid composite, radio-opaque.
Is a light curing, radio-opaque nano composite. It is indicated for adhesively bonded, tooth coloured restorations. It is suitable for anterior and posterior applications. Due to the excellent material properties, a beautiful aesthetic result and a durable, high lustre polish is easily reached.
Venus Diamond is based on a TCD-DI-HEA and UDMA (contains 64 % fi ller by volume, 5 nm – 20 μm)
• Barium Aluminium Fluoride glass
• Highly discrete nanoparticles
• Direct restoration of Class I – V cavities (according to G.V. Black)
• Direct composite veneers
• Shape corrections of teeth (i.e. diastemas, congenital defects in teeth, etc.)
• Splinting of teeth loosened by trauma or periodontal disease
• Indirect restorations (inlays, veneers)
• Restoration of primary teeth
• Repairs of porcelain, composite (in combination with an adequate repair-system)
Do not use in cases of a known allergy to any of the constituents of Venus Diamond. The use of this product is contraindicated in case of known or suspected allergies against (meth)acrylate compounds.
Side eff ects
This product or one of its components may in particular cases cause hypersensitive reactions. If suspected, information on the ingredients can be obtained from the manufacturer.
Warnings / Precautions:
• Avoid contact with skin. Wear suitable protective gloves. In case of contact with skin, immediately wash with plenty of water and soap. May cause sensitisation by skin contact. Avoid contact with eyes. Immediately and thoroughly rinse with plenty of water in case of contact with eyes and contact an ophthalmologist.
• In the case of deep cavity preparations in close proximity to the pulp or a direct pulpal exposure, cover the dentine or the exposure locally with a calcium hydroxide liner covered with a glass ionomer cement before applying the adhesive.
• Do not use eugenol containing materials in or around the cavity preparation being restored, because these may interfere with the proper curing of Venus Diamond.
• The PLT’s (pre-loaded tips) are intended for single use only and cannot be resterilized or disinfected without damaging and contaminating the restorative material because the solutions
contain phenolic constituents. To avoid cross infection, items intended for single use must be disposed of immediately after initial use.
• When using Venus Diamond PLTs, use a gentle, even motion when exerting pressure on the applicator gun. Use of excessive force or sudden movement could create a potential hazard with extrusion.
• Visually inspect for damage before fi rst use. Damaged products must not be used. Composites should only be used at room temperature.
Method of application
Select an appropriate shade or shade combination from the Venus Diamond Shade guide prior to placing the rubber dam. This is important because teeth will signifi cantly change colour when desiccated.
If the tooth surface being treated is not to be instrumented by a diamond stone, carbide bur, drill or other abrasive instrument, the surface should be cleaned with pumice or a fl uoride free polishing paste before restoration is placed. A non-sticking plastic, Tefl on coated or gold plated placement instrument (such as the Heraeus Kulzer Plasmacoat Instrument) is recommended for use in clinically placing, sculpting and shaping the material.
1. For ideal results, use Ivory® rubber dam (or similar) to control contamination from moisture, blood and saliva.
2. Prepare the cavity according to generally accepted rules for the clinical composite application. Then clean and dry the cavity.
3. Prior to application of Venus Diamond restorative material to the cavity preparation, pre-treatment of the tooth structure with an adequate enamel/dentine adhesive is mandatory (e.g. iBond Self Etch, iBond Total Etch, GLUMA Solid Bond by Heraeus Kulzer). Make sure that no excess remains in the corners of the cavity. Once treated with the adhesive, avoid contamination
with saliva or blood. The use of a fl owable composite material (e.g. Venus Diamond Flow) allows the creation of a smooth cavity fl oor and facilitates the adaptation of the fi lling material. When using a layer of a fl owable material, apply it according to the specifi cations in the respective instructions for use and cure it separately.
4. Apply Venus Diamond restorative material in thin layers (max. 2 mm) and adapt carefully to the tooth surface or cavity walls. In case of severe discoloration of the underlying tooth or surface being restored, it may be necessary to mask this by using a thin layer of one of the recommended Venus Diamond opaque dentine shades fi rst.
5. To avoid excess translucency and achieve an ideal aesthetic result in the case of large Class IV cavities and anterior tooth reconstruction, it is necessary to utilize a Venus Diamond opaque dentine shade (max. 1 mm) in the deepest layers, which can then be covered by the universal Venus Diamond shades and incisal shades if necessary.
6. Polymerise Venus Diamond in thin layers (max. 2 mm) according to the table below using an acceptable QHT (Quartz-Halogen-Tungsten) or LED curing light such as the Heraeus Kulzer Translux Power Blue curing unit or any other blue-light unit (wavelength of 440 – 480 nm; light output of 1550 – 550 mW/cm²). During polymerisation, an inhibited-layer forms on the surface which should not be touched, contaminated or removed during the build-up phase of the restoration. It serves as chemical connection for any subsequent composite layers that are added.
Recommended Venus Diamond-curing times and maximum layer thicknesses for Translux-Curing Units or other blue-light-curing units:
The data given are furnished to the best of our knowledge and are based on internal test results.
Note: Curing lights can have an immense variation in intensity and emitted spectral output. User should check with the light unit manufacturer and verify its effi cacy non-clinically before using in a patient.
7. After fi nal build-up and polymerisation is completed, Venus Diamond may immediately be fi nished and polished. For gross fi nishing, use diamond burs. Fine fi nishing and shaping is best accomplished with fi ne-grained diamond stones and multifl uted carbide burs. Proximal surfaces may be fi nished with abrasive strips. A high fi nal polish can be achieved with fl exible,
silicone rubber polishing points (e.g. Venus Supra), cups, discs, or similar. Composite polishing pastes (e.g. Signum HP diamond) can be applied extraoral with polishing brushes and small buffi ng wheels if desired.
Instructions Venus Diamond
• The light curing times mentioned above are the minimum times recommended and should not be reduced in order to achieve optimal restoration quality and physical properties of the material.
• When building up large restorations or those, which require lengthy time to complete, the overhead operating light should temporarily be turned off or aimed away from the working area in order to prevent premature curing of the composite.
• To avoid waste, after the material has been applied from the syringe, relieve, the internal pressure by unscrewing the plunger a quarter turn.
• Close the cap of the syringe after every use.
Only to be used by dentists and for its intended use.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Do not store above 25°C (77°F). Do not use the material after the expiration date. Please quote batch number and expiry date in all correspondence about the product.